boomerbaird

My reality, your dreams!

Saturday, July 22, 2006

It can't get any better!


I thought I was closer to getting on the road and seeing crankworx, I had a sweet frame on the way to build up for another whistler season. The bumper is painted and waiting for me to pick up. My truck is running pretty well and I have a new power steering pump, muffler and catalytic converter to install. My rear end troubles on the truck was just u - joints and has already been taken care of.

Then the post man walked up and loaded me with hope, only to be thrown down into the pits of bicycle despair! My sweet new to me frame has huge gouges in the headtube from a shop monkey with too much force and not enough sense. In the process of removal of the headset cups, the mechanic pounded away at not the headset cup but the race! This poses a problem for pressing in a quality headset and it staying in there through out a summer at Whistler!
On sunday I will find out which shops are for real in atlanta, i.e. they have a head tube reamer, and see if this problem can be smoothed over and get me out of the heat and into the British Columbian cool mountain air.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home